If you asked 20 people what great leadership looks like, you would probably get 20 different answers. Leaders need to be held accountable just as do employees. With the commencement of a New Year, it is a good time to ask yourself some relevant questions to ensure you are aspiring to be the leader you want to be:
- Do your actions reflect who you truly are?
- Do you lead by your values or beliefs?
- Do you admit when you make mistakes?
- Do you take time for self-reflection?
- Do you work on your own leadership development?
- Do you measure up to who you want to be? If not, what will you do about it?
When you actually take the time to see how you measure up, you provide yourself the opportunity for growth and development. Measuring ourselves, reflecting on our behavior and attitudes, and assessing our actions provide a self awareness so that you can begin to do things differently (and your teams will notice the difference too). For 2015, give yourself the opportunity to create the leader you want to be.